[CASL-L] Seeking pandemic friendly elementary ideas

Elaine Shapiro elaine.shapiro7 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 08:53:08 PDT 2020

Hi everyone,

The closer school gets, the more I think "how is this ever going to work"?
Does anyone have ideas of how to make library classes fun given that
students will likely have to stay seated most of the time?  Normally I
would do scavenger hunts around the library, teach students where different
kinds of books are, have them peruse through piles of books on different
topics, learn about the classification stickers on books that identify
different genres and themes, ETC.  Now, it looks like all or most book
borrowing will be done online or by menu.  We will have a hybrid schedule:
M-Tu and Thu-Fri, meaning if you order a book on Tuesday, you may not
receive it until the following Mon.  I have an aide in the AM only, and my
PMs are back to back classes, so checkout was always challenging . . . now
I don't think I will have time.

Appreciating any wisdom!
Elaine at Broad Brook School, preK-4