[CASL-L] Canterbury Tales—anyone have experience teaching to grade 8

STEPHANIE PATTERSON spatterson at southingtonschools.org
Fri Aug 14 13:06:35 PDT 2020

The Canterbury Tales: A Retelling by Peter Ackroyd (Penguin Classics Deluxe Edition) https://www.amazon.com/dp/0143106171/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_q3UnFbHP2SG68

Use this text... it’s a good one to help ‘translate without killing the text’ and I say this as an English Lit undergrad, who has seen a lot of students graduating from high school with nothing but contempt for the text after Brit Lit class.

I loved it in college...

Stephanie Patterson

Sent from my iPhone