[CASL-L] Elizabeth Acevado --recording of recent interview with Decameron Project and more

Leslie Poulos l_poulos at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 6 06:47:25 PST 2020

MS and HS folks: if you haven't signed up for informational emails from the Decameron Project, you might to! Young people interview famous authors and there are opportunities for students to submit student writing based on monthly themes through their site as well. This month's theme is struggle.
Thursday night they interviewed Elizabeth Acevado. She talked about many things including inspiration for her work, her writing process, and controversy over The Poet X. She also read from her newer book Clap While You Land and shared that she is working on an adult novel right now. Here is the link to the recording of Elizabeth's interview which they encouraged us to share: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62f2m77CI4w
Here is the website for the Decameron Project: decameronproject.org and you can sign up for emails on this page Our Mission Statement | The Decameron Project or see future and past events here:

|  |  |

|  |
Our Mission Statement | The Decameron Project

The goal of The Decameron Project is to unite young readers & writers, and to encourage their creation of meanin...

Here is their mission: "The Decameron Project believes that students across the country should have their voices heard, and that in the thick of crisis, they can still strive for creative excellence and recognition through storytelling. Just as, seven centuries ago, those young Florentines confronted disease and death by telling tales, we at The Decameron Project seek to do the same: to unite young readers and writers, and to encourage their creation of meaningful, enduring work in the face of hardship."

Next time they'll be interviewing Jason Reynolds.
Leslie Poulos l_poulos at yahoo.com