[CASL-L] Fwd: AASL Chapter Delegates : Registration Opens for 2021 AASL National Conference

Barbara Johnson bajohnson at colchesterct.org
Wed Dec 9 09:12:38 PST 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Jennifer Habley via ALA Connect <Mail at connectedcommunity.org>
Date: Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 12:11 PM
Subject: AASL Chapter Delegates : Registration Opens for 2021 AASL National
Conference
To: <bajohnson at colchesterct.org>

Registration is now open for the 2021 AASL National Conference. The
conference, taking place Oct. 21-23, 2021, in Salt Lake City, Utah,
convenes... -posted to the "AASL Chapter Delegates" community
[image: American Library Association] <https://connect.ala.org>
AASL Chapter Delegates
<https://connect.ala.org/aasl/communities/community-home/digestviewer?tab=digestviewer&CommunityKey=14496447-980f-47f7-a545-0e18c98bd308>
Registration Opens for 2021 AASL National Conference
<https://connect.ala.org/aasl/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=97d11918-5aa5-4e0f-b6c7-76893e90eb06&CommunityKey=14496447-980f-47f7-a545-0e18c98bd308&tab=digestviewer#bm97d11918-5aa5-4e0f-b6c7-76893e90eb06>
Email a reply to the discussion
<ALA_aaslchapterdelegates_97d11918-5aa5-4e0f-b6c7-76893e90eb06 at ConnectedCommunity.org?subject=Re:+Registration+Opens+for+2021+AASL+National+Conference>
Send
a private message via email
<jhabley at ala.org?subject=Re:+Registration+Opens+for+2021+AASL+National+Conference>
[image: Jennifer Habley]
<https://connect.ala.org/network/members/profile?UserKey=cd03c40c-dd2b-4eff-a854-fade3731303a>
Dec 9, 2020 11:12 AM
Jennifer Habley
<https://connect.ala.org/network/members/profile?UserKey=cd03c40c-dd2b-4eff-a854-fade3731303a>

Registration is now open for the 2021 AASL National Conference. The
conference, taking place Oct. 21-23, 2021, in Salt Lake City, Utah,
convenes school library professionals for in-person learning and networking
opportunities. Registration rates and date-sensitive, money-saving promo
codes can be found at national.aasl.org.

"The AASL National Conference will be happening at a crucial time for
school librarians, where we will essentially be reinventing school
libraries in a post-pandemic world," said Jillian Ehlers, conference
co-chair. "The focus of the conference will be on bringing school
librarians together to reconnect and to share and learn innovative ways in
which we can move school libraries forward, with the goal of transforming
not only the ways in which we approach digital and information literacy
instruction, but the ways in which we create safe spaces for all students."

A one-of-a-kind conference, the 2021 AASL National Conference will feature
daily keynotes, more than 140 concurrent sessions, author panels, research
into practice sessions, more than 100 exhibitors, the best practice
IdeaLab, author signings, and endless networking opportunities. Content
provided at the conference will be rooted in AASL's "National School
Library Standards for Learners, School Librarians, and School Libraries."

"This is our time to shine!" said conference co-chair Liz Philippi. "The
AASL National Conference will help school librarians learn new ways to
provide the essential resources our schools need through learning,
collaborating, and networking. This will help us to innovate and advocate
for school libraries as we navigate our way through the changing landscape
of learning. We will rise to the changes and work together to build
stronger, more relevant school libraries."

Full conference registration provides school librarian attendees the
opportunity to invite their administrator to attend the conference at no
extra cost. In addition, each attendee will receive complimentary meal
tickets for Friday and Saturday lunches and coffee each morning. Through
May 1, AASL is offering a "No Risk Registration." AASL understands that
travel uncertainty is still present as registration opens, so AASL is
offering a no risk refund policy for 2021. Any registrant may cancel their
registration by May 1, 2021, and receive a full refund.

The AASL National Conference is the only national conference dedicated
solely to the needs of school librarians and their roles as educational
leaders. Those communicating about the national conference are encouraged
to use the official hashtag, #AASL21.

------------------------------
Jennifer Habley
She/Her/Hers
Web Communications Manager
jhabley at ala.org
.

--
*Barbara Johnson*
*Librarian*

@technojohnson
www.jackjackterlibrary.com

--
Please be aware that email communication can be intercepted in transmission
or misdirected. Please communicate sensitive information by telephone or in