[CASL-L] Benefits of a LMS in a 1:1 school

Deloma, Jaclyn jdeloma at seymourschools.org
Fri Feb 21 05:45:42 PST 2020

Good Morning!

I agree and would love to see and collect the same information if possible.  The district I was formerly in cut the LMS at their middle schools, and I was the “acting LMS”, title was a tutor position, for the last year and a half.  I employed lessons, collaborations, readers’ advisory and additional events as though I was the LMS, putting forth concerted effort to have the position reinstated.  I developed a strong rapport with staff and students who advocated for the position as well.  I recently left to accept a contractual LMS position in Seymour at an elementary school; however, just recently discovered their LMS has been cut at the middle school AND high school.  Luckily, the other LMS and I are collaborating in March to devise a curriculum for our district, and I believe the plan is to reinstate the LMS positions at the secondary level.

I am also collecting articles, information and data to prove the valuable nature of our position and forwarding it along to my former administrator to assist his endeavors in advocating for reinstatement of the position.  Any info/data you have would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks and Happy Friday!

Jackie DeLoma
LMS
Bungay Elementary School