[CASL-L] Makerspace logistics

Emily Boisvert ebov at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 3 05:12:12 PST 2020

Good morning,
I'm thinking it had to do with everyone away on winter break but I only had one person share feedback about my makerspace questions so I thought I'd ask again.....
I’ve dabbled in offering maker activities with students from time to time for a few years now but my district is moving towards funding a designated space in each of our k-4 elementary schools....
If I could have a say in what gets purchased, what are some must-include items/kits you’d recommend? Not sure about the budget for it yet....
Also, for those of you with a designated maker space, what are your logistics for scheduling with classes? There are no tech teachers or library assistants in our elementary settings and we are on fixed schedules.....thanks so much!

Emily Boisvert