[CASL-L] interesting chemistry books?

Deborah Sharpe dsharpe at woodstockacademy.org
Tue Jan 7 09:55:31 PST 2020

Good afternoon,

One of our chemistry teachers is looking to run a sort of in-class book club next semester with her class using non-fiction books that tie into her curriculum.  She is looking for books that are interesting, engaging, and deal with some sort of chemistry/chemical phenomena.  We talked about Radium Girls, The Poison Squad, The Disappearing Spoon, etc.  Just curious if any of your science teachers have a project like this.  If so, are there any books that you would recommend that we add to the list?  If you happen to have a teacher that has a similar project, and they would be willing to share their instructions and/or rubrics for the project, that would be great too!

Thanks so much!!

[https://i.xink.io/Images/Get/T737/N2.png]<http://www.woodstockacademy.org/>            Deborah Sharpe
Librarian, Bracken Memorial Library
The Woodstock Academy
57 Academy Road
Woodstock, CT 06281
(860) 928-6575 ext. 1201

[https://i.xink.io/Images/Get/T737/f5.png]<https://www.facebook.com/thewoodstockacademy/>  [https://i.xink.io/Images/Get/T737/t2.png] <https://twitter.com/wdstck_academy>   [https://i.xink.io/Images/Get/T737/i7.png] <https://www.instagram.com/thewoodstockacademy/>   [https://i.xink.io/Images/Get/T737/v2.png] <https://vimeo.com/woodstockacademy>   [https://i.xink.io/Images/Get/T737/l7.png] <https://www.linkedin.com/school/the-woodstock-academy/>   [https://i.xink.io/Images/Get/T737/1.png] <http://www.woodstockacademy.org/giving>

This e-mail message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain CONFIDENTIAL or PRIVILEGED material. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. If you are the intended recipient but do not wish to receive communications through this medium, please so advise the sender immediately.