[CASL-L] Library Staffing Survey--Why do they attack libraries? Stamford needs Special Ed. Paras or else they will take Library Paras!

George, Mary MGeorge at StamfordCT.gov
Wed Jan 8 11:39:50 PST 2020

Hi,

Stamford school library staff is under attack again!  The district is threatening to take all library media paraeducators (assistants) next year with leaving 1 at each high school as they are in desperate need of special education paraeducators/assistants.  If you know anyone looking for a job, Stamford is looking for 30+ Special Education positions!  In the meantime, feel free to let us know your current school enrollment & library staff numbers as well as any comments that might be helpful.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf02GbGEZMBZoqPYc0d7VqJTlQ1FYTQ7zwhNN09Zy1XXmmdEg/viewform

Also, let's try to get people to sign up for the Stamford Special Education Paraeducator positions.

Post the position below on facebook, share/like this facebook post<https://www.facebook.com/mary.r.george.35/posts/10100987484041046>, like/retweet my Twitter post, <https://twitter.com/shslibrarylearn/status/1205860069000306688> like/share my Linkedin post<https://www.linkedin.com/posts/maryraphaelgeorge_frontline-applicant-tracking-stamford-public-activity-6611622042024321024-MPQF>, like/comment on my instagram<https://www.instagram.com/p/B6L730alsxoeIyUT5c320YXrRAKrqTor94u2zw0/?igshid=sdy0zjibvimt> post, or compose your own or email or text people who might be interested in applying--grassroots!

http://www.generalasp.com/stamford/onlineapp/default.aspx?Category=Paraeducators&fbclid=IwAR32F_LdaUoYJQZE-PYwCN0UGodZsXV4Gh3AcwG3h0qTSypzSIFFgT-cql0#.XfTqZU1fbQk.gmail

<http://www.generalasp.com/stamford/onlineapp/default.aspx?Category=Paraeducators&fbclid=IwAR32F_LdaUoYJQZE-PYwCN0UGodZsXV4Gh3AcwG3h0qTSypzSIFFgT-cql0#.XfTqZU1fbQk.gmail><http://www.generalasp.com/stamford/onlineapp/default.aspx?Category=Paraeducators&fbclid=IwAR32F_LdaUoYJQZE-PYwCN0UGodZsXV4Gh3AcwG3h0qTSypzSIFFgT-cql0#.XfTqZU1fbQk.gmail>(Para positions)

And if they do not have a college degree which is required for an interview they can take the ParaPro Test and still be eligible!

https://www.stamfordpublicschools.org/district/current-employees/pages/parapro-assessment?fbclid=IwAR0c2PC1154DuTvqlwj7nX-0y1jfJv6NTBqxEeL4JGhbJL1xUGJK15oId4o

https://www.ets.org/parapro?fbclid=IwAR1dwlZ2apfB4uTDNS_uobbRZQU2rSfFkW9iv0NpGvZpxvh0di_YOZflYPU

Anyone who needs a job is welcome to email me and I would be happy to assist them in this process:  mgeorge at stamfordct.gov

Mary Raphael George