[CASL-L] Student book lists/holds

Susan Martinez Sendroff sm_sendroff at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 14 20:32:23 PDT 2020

My district uses Destiny and we used the hold feature for elementary students and families to reserve books for a touchless curbside pickup.

In order to do this remotely, I created and shared a how to video to model how to place books on hold. This worked well for both my students and adults supporting them.

Another success I had was instructing use of the Destiny Discover format (rather than classic view). Then I added and customized categories for easy browsing based on my sub locations In the library and resource lists I created. Also, you can customize how many holds students can place through back office.

For my organization for pulling books, I ended up running the basic report in Destiny for holds (in view format so call numbers were visible), then copied and pasted the information into a spreadsheet to sort and organize for pulling book orders.

I hope some of this helps. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Susan Martinez Sendroff
Hamden, CT