[CASL-L] Fwd: FW: GOVERNOR LAMONT ANNOUNCES THE EVERYBODY LEARNS INITIATIVE: A $43.5 MILLION PROGRAM TO CLOSE THE DIGITAL DIVIDE FOR CONNECTICUT STUDENTS

CASL President president at ctcasl.org
Tue Jul 28 14:40:52 PDT 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Casey, Doug <Doug.Casey at ct.gov>
Date: Tue, Jul 28, 2020, 5:35 PM
Subject: FW: GOVERNOR LAMONT ANNOUNCES THE EVERYBODY LEARNS INITIATIVE: A
$43.5 MILLION PROGRAM TO CLOSE THE DIGITAL DIVIDE FOR CONNECTICUT STUDENTS
To: <CET_K-12_EDTECH at list.ct.gov>

Good afternoon,

Please see the announcement below, great news that serves as the
culmination of months of R&D into how best to close the digital divide.

As I mentioned in the press conference <https://youtu.be/SuLU3w3ehX0?t=1800>,
districts will soon receive by email a request form from the State
Department of Education requesting details on student connectivity and
device needs. That email will also include signup information for a meeting
at 1:00 PM this Thursday for Ajit and I to provide an overview of the
program and answer your questions.

This is good news for our students, teachers, and leaders like you who have
already shown your dedication to addressing the digital divide.

Talk soon,

Doug