[CASL-L] [EXTERNAL] Re: Google Classroom

My9lives124 . my9lives1970 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 11:51:04 PDT 2020

Our school is having students spend the first 6-8 weeks with their teacher
from this school year, to help get them caught up, then they will go to
their new teacher after the initial 6-8 weeks. But this is a great
resource. This was our first year with Google Classroom as well.

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 11:53 AM Sharon Rodko <sharonrodko at westonps.org>
wrote:

> Thanks to all who shared info on closing out Google Classrooms?
> Is your school having discussions about keeping Classrooms open to
> students for the summer?
> Pro and Cons?
> If we do, teachers would not be asked to monitor or add content during the
> summer and we would make a date that access would end, clear to parents.
> We will be providing summer reading and learning opportunities through a
> Google Site.
> Love to hear any thoughts,
> Sharon
>
> Sharon Rodko, Librarian
> Hurlbutt Elementary School
> 9 School Road
> Weston, CT 06883
> (203) 221-6310
>

> On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 2:36 PM Kim Moran <kmoran at ridgefieldps.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi Sharon,
>> Funny you ask, I just created this for my staff.
>>
>> https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Kg9RkJYXu_MDpo1rFSChD2gslX0n2TDuF_z2OCmto5w/copy
>>

>> On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 2:32 PM Sharon Rodko <sharonrodko at westonps.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> This was our first year using Google Classroom in our K-2 school.
>>> Any advice, tutorials, links on "closing out" a Classroom?
>>> Archive, copy, remove students? What should I suggest to teachers?
>>> I started collecting some info, but the collective CASL brain never
>>> disappoints!
>>> Thanks,
>>> Sharon
>>>
>>> Sharon Rodko, Librarian
>>> Hurlbutt Elementary School
>>> 9 School Road
>>> Weston, CT 06883
>>> (203) 221-6310
>>>

>>> CONFIDENTIALITY(NOTICE):
>>> This is a staff email account managed by Weston Public Schools. This
>>> e-mail message from the Weston Public Schools, including any attachments,
>>> is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
>>> information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from
>>> disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient
>>> or authorized to receive information for the recipient, you are hereby
>>> notified that any review, use, disclosure, distribution, copying, printing,
>>> or action taken in reliance on the contents of this email is strictly
>>> prohibited. If you receive this communication in error, please, immediately
>>> contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety. Please note
>>> that messages to or from the Weston Public Schools domain may be subject to
>>> the Freedom of Information Act (Conn. Gen. Stat. sections 1-200 et seq.)
>>> and/or the Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. § 1232g;
>>> 34 CFR Part 99). Thank you.
>>>

>> --
>> Technology Resource Website
>> <https://sites.google.com/ridgefieldps.net/edtechrps/continuity-of-education?authuser=0>
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Kim Moran
>> Technology Integration Teacher
>> Ridgefield Public Schools
>>

> CONFIDENTIALITY(NOTICE):
> This is a staff email account managed by Weston Public Schools. This
> e-mail message from the Weston Public Schools, including any attachments,
> information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from
> disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or
> authorized to receive information for the recipient, you are hereby
> notified that any review, use, disclosure, distribution, copying, printing,
> or action taken in reliance on the contents of this email is strictly
> prohibited. If you receive this communication in error, please, immediately
> contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety. Please note
> that messages to or from the Weston Public Schools domain may be subject to
> the Freedom of Information Act (Conn. Gen. Stat. sections 1-200 et seq.)
> and/or the Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. § 1232g;
> CASL-L mailing list
> CASL-L at mylist.net

Ann Kauffman
Librarian Chaplin Elementary School