[CASL-L] REMINDER - ACES Virtual Tech Council Meeting - Wednesday June 17th @2:45PM-3:45PM

Tatham, Robert btatham at aces.org
Mon Jun 15 08:25:46 PDT 2020

Good Morning K-12 School Technology Leaders and CASL-L Members,

Please join me this Wednesday for our next virtual Tech Council meeting. We continue to offer these virtual meeting options for our Tech Council members by using the Zoom Video Conferencing software.

Our special guests for this meeting will include presenters from the CT State Library who will discuss what we all need to know regarding the best practice of Record Retention and Management.

The presenters are:

LeAnn Burbank - CRM, Public Records Administrator
Kathy Makover - Field Archivist
Elise Marzik      -  Electronic Records Analyst

For your convenience, I have attached two documents to this email that you may use as a guide on June 17th which includes not only the presentation but also a document that includes valuable selected resources that are referenced in the presentation.

Below is the invite and URL to register to participate. When you do join the meeting, you will be placed in a waiting room where I will admit you into the meeting once we are ready to start.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are invited to an ACES Technology and Library Media Council Virtual Zoom meeting.

When: June 17, 2020 02:45 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Register in advance for this meeting:
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUpfu2grT0t32B9krOobxX89h05wSU8Jg

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.

Below are links to download and set-up Zoom on your computer or device.  Council sessions and chat will be recorded for future reference.

Joining a Meeting<https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193>
Testing Computer or Video Audio<https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362283-Testing-computer-or-device-audio>
Attendee Controls in a Meeting<https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/200941109-Attendee-Controls-in-a-Meeting> - includes directions on how to turn video off if you do not wish to be seen

I look forward to seeing you all on June 17th.

Looking ahead, the responses that I received regarding having these meetings during the Summer have been mixed. We are still determining if we will hold off till the Fall and continue the bi-weekly meetings OR have one meeting in July and August and then resume the bi-weekly meetings for the Fall. I hope to provide an update to the meeting schedule coming up within the next few weeks.

In the meantime, please remain safe, careful, and healthy!

Thank you,

Bob

Robert J. Tatham, Jr.
ACES Data Services Coordinator

204 State Street  *  North Haven, CT 06473
Phone 203.287.6845 (office)
aces.org<https://www.aces.org/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/Area.Cooperative.Educational.Services/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/acesconnecticut> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/aces_connecticut/> | LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/area-cooperative-educational-services/>

THE INFORMATION IN THIS TRANSMISSION IS PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL AND INTENDED ONLY FOR THE RECIPIENT LISTED ABOVE. Area Cooperative Educational Services ("ACES") hereby disclaims any liability for any unintentional disclosure of such privileged and confidential information. If you have received this transmission in error, please NOTIFY ACES IMMEDIATELY BY E-MAIL (acesinfo at aces.org) AND DELETE THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE. Responses provided by this E-Mail are SIMILAR to ordinary telephone or face-to-face conversations and do not reflect the level of inquiry or analysis necessary for contract formation with ACES and shall not be construed as such. This E-MAIL does not replace the ACES formal contract formation process and ACES hereby disclaims any liability for any such claim.