[CASL-L] Transitioning to 1:1 in high school

STEPHANIE PATTERSON spatterson at southingtonschools.org
Tue Jun 16 11:04:26 PDT 2020

Hello Library Brain Trust!

We are transitioning to a 1:1 chromeboook environment this fall!

Lots of opportunities to re-design the library.

Some prelim questions- does anyone have a bank of computers for printing? (We currently don't connect chromes to the printers, and the before-school rush to print English essays is nuts.

I'm also wondering ... what did others do that worked? what didn't work? what did you wish you had done differently with 20/20 hindsight?

We are also limiting access to 1 door (rather than 4 - one on each corner) and scanning in IDs for PowerSchool to track attendance. And, we  getting new carpet and flooring!! Exciting times!

This will be a big deal in July and August for us.

Thanks in advance for any tips, tricks and advice... happy summer!

Stephanie Patterson
Southington High School Library
"Building character with critical thinking, creativity,
 collaboration and communication."

tel: 860.628.3229 x 11335