[CASL-L] Virtual Summer Library UnConference

Powe, Kymberlee Kymberlee.Powe at ct.gov
Fri Mar 27 08:05:26 PDT 2020

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D03115.F4805630]

[2020_CSLP_Banner_07.jpg]

Virtual Summer Library UnConference
Hello everyone.

The CSL Division of Library Development, in partnership with CT YA and Children's librarians across the state, is pleased to announce the Virtual Summer Library UnConference.

This UnConference will be a less formal opportunity for youth librarians and their staff to discuss summer goals, challenges, success stories and more.

The Conference will spread across three days, April 6, 7, and 8. Topics are as follows:
Program Swap-Bring copies of your outlines of successful programs to share!
Catering to Older Teens: Programs for High School age+Incentives- Do we need or want them?
Cultivating Partnerships and Promoting your summer program
Schools and Public Libraries working together
What is the best way to Track summer reading?
Challenges and Success with Online Programs?
Best Practices for Summer Programs
Family Programming vs Children & Teen Programming
The Most Helpful Reading List
Make Summer Reading Fun Again
Is it really still Summer 'Reading'?

 Please visit the DLD Continuing Education Calendar for times and to register. https://cslib.libcal.com/.

Please note that Registration will tell how many attendees we can expect throughout the day, you are only required to attend the topics that you believe will be the most helpful to you as you embark on your summer planning.

During this UnConference we will have facilitated conversation among ourselves on what summer may look like as we grapple with COVID-19 and how we can best assist our library patrons.

The access link will be emailed the day before the event.

CT State Library is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.

© 2016 CT State Library. All rights reserved.