[CASL-L] [SPAM] May workshop/webinar offerings

Hurley, Gail Gail.Hurley at ct.gov
Fri May 1 13:34:07 PDT 2020

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D03115.F4805630]

[cid:f120bb59-12b3-4c08-a9fb-44bff248e1d0]

May Webinars and Tutorials

The following Virtual DLD workshops are being held in May, and more will be scheduled:

  *   Thursday, May 7 from 10-11:30 LSTA Grant Information Session   https://cslib.libcal.com/event/6661518
  *   Friday, May 8 from 1-2:30 LSTA Grant Information Session  https://cslib.libcal.com/event/6661531
  *   Tuesday, May 12 from 10-11:30 Construction Grant Information  Session  https://cslib.libcal.com/event/6476380
  *   Thursday, May 14, from 10-1 Weeding in the Garden of Good & Evil  https://cslib.libcal.com/event/6457734
  *   Tuesday, May 19 from 11-12 Understanding Digital Media - Instagram  https://cslib.libcal.com/event/6684027

Connecticut State Library Academy

Usage statistics for the new Connecticut State Library Academy <https://my.nicheacademy.com/ctstatelibrary> , through Niche Academy, showed more than 14,000 views since it was set up late March.  Niche Academy has extended our free trial through the month of May for library staff!  Twenty new tutorials were added to the Connecticut State Library Academy for May including :

·         The mending library: serving vulnerable and traumatized patrons

·         Healthy living at the library

·         Team RA: readers advisory is a team sport

·         Using universal design to make your library more accessible and inclusive

·         Serving individuals with autism

·         Library security solutions

·         And more...

Free Live and Archived Webinars

If you are looking for webinars for May, visit our Workshops & Webinars<https://libguides.ctstatelibrary.org/dld/professional/workshops> page off of our Professional Development<https://libguides.ctstatelibrary.org/dld/professional> libguide.  For example, looking at the link for Library Journal will bring you to their page with the registration for:

Library Journal Day of Dialog<https://www.libraryjournal.com/?event=library-journal-day-of-dialog-nyc-ve> Virtual Event, on May 28

Infopeople has the following excellent lineup this month:

Data for Decision Making<https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?id=895&reset=1>, May 5, from 1-2

Better Sharing Through Metadata: Good Practices for Better Discovery<https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?id=908&reset=1>, May 6, from 3-4

Answers & Updates to Pressing Questions & Concerns about Public Charge, COVID-19 & Census Outreach for our Immigrant Communities<https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?id=912&reset=1>, May 13, from 3-4

Programming for Adults with Developmental Disabilities<https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?id=909&reset=1>, May 21, from 1-2

And more....

Happy learning!

Gail

Gail Hurley | Library Development Consultant, Division of Library Development | Gail.Hurley at ct.gov<mailto:Gail.Hurley at ct.gov> | Office: (860) 704-2222 http://libguides.ctstatelibrary.org/dld/home | 786 South Main Street Middletown CT 06457 | Fax: (860) 704-2228

CT State Library is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer

© 2014 CT State Library. All rights reserved.