[CASL-L] Fwd: Lt. Governor's COVID-19 Computing Challenge

Barbara Johnson bajohnson at colchesterct.org
Mon May 11 10:37:58 PDT 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Michalek, Jennifer <Jennifer.Michalek at ct.gov>
Date: Mon, May 11, 2020, 1:03 PM
Subject: Lt. Governor's COVID-19 Computing Challenge
To: atomicmathpresident at gmail.com <atomicmathpresident at gmail.com>,
ctsciteachers at gmail.com <ctsciteachers at gmail.com>, President at ctcasl.org <
President at ctcasl.org>, bajohnson at colchesterct.org <
bajohnson at colchesterct.org>, Casey, Doug <Doug.Casey at ct.gov>, Michaels,
Ronald <Ronald.Michaels at ct.gov>, Mackin, Harold <Harold.Mackin at ct.gov>,
Loud, Suzanne <Suzanne.Loud at ct.gov>, Susan Auchincloss <
susan.auchincloss at readyct.org>, Jonathan Costa <costa at edadvance.org>, Diane
Dugas <DDugas at eastconn.org>, bobowice at ces.k12.ct.us <bobowice at ces.k12.ct.us>,
efreel at aces.org <efreel at aces.org>, Renehan, Sue <srenehan at crec.org>

Dear Education Partners-

Lt. Governor Susan Bysiewicz has just announced the Lt. Governors’ COVID-19
Coding Challenge. These are extraordinary times.  We all understand
firsthand how the novel coronavirus has radically changed our daily lives
and reinforced the importance of technology.  For these reasons, Lt.
Governor Bysiewicz invites our creative Connecticut students to put their
ingenuity to good use by submitting ideas that could be implemented with
computer technology (apps, websites and/or computer programs) that assist
to:

●        defeat the spread of the disease;

●        aid our communities; or

●        encourage and inform everyone.

Our hope is that students can use this period of social distancing to
better their communities.

I am asking that you assist in this endeavor by sharing the information
with your distribution lists, post to your websites and advertise in any
other way that you see fit.

Students check out this flyer
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iwHQrL_KZzTgyDaqOdv9fU9QnffldVXy/view> to
learn how to participate.  Younger students are particularly encouraged to
participate.

Teachers check out this flyer
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1clr5hVg2h8IZDxJ2gKRLuCzdBPlKwin_/view> to
learn the skills this challenge engages students in.

Parents check out this flyer
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FmI6pepTdKeLKDecsbFF_Ie1GlxvjTta/view> to
understand the benefits of your child’s participation.

Visit the Lt. Governor’s Covid-19 Coding Challenge
<https://www.skills21.org/ltgovcovid-19challenge> for more information. The
deadline to submit to this challenge is May 29, 2020.

Email questions to *computingchallenge at skills21.org*
<computingchallenge at skills21.org>

#CTHacksCOVID

*[image: email logo]*

Jennifer Michalek

Education Consultant

*Connecticut State Department of Education*

*Academic Office*

*860-713-6557*

The information contained in this transmission is CONFIDENTIAL and
PRIVILEGED, and is intended only for the use of the recipient listed above.
If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, distribute or
take action in reliance upon this message. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and promptly delete
this message and its attachments from your computer system. The text of
this e-mail is similar to ordinary telephone or face-to-face conversations
and does not reflect the level of factual or legal inquiry or analysis,
which would be applied in the case of a formal legal opinion. Please note
that messages to or from the State of Connecticut domain may be subject to
the Freedom of Information Act (Conn. Gen. Stat. sections 1-200 et seq.).

--
Please be aware that email communication can be intercepted in transmission
or misdirected. Please communicate sensitive information by telephone or in