[CASL-L] Nutmeg 2020 Winners & a change for voting next year!

Polack, Lisa lpolack at ellingtonschools.net
Thu May 14 17:45:18 PDT 2020

We are very excited to share the 2020 Nutmeg Book Award Winners!!
[image: image.png]
For the full voting breakdown and the runner up titles, please visit this
document.
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ycn0ur86vDFcW9m0NvO3j2PB3DTST64B/view?usp=sharing>

Thank you to all the selection committee chairs and for all the committee
members for your work on the Nutmeg Book Award!

Selection Co-Chairs Elementary (grades 2-3): Allison Murphy and Michele
Kaminski Selection Co-Chairs Intermediate (grades 4-6): Elizabeth McKay and
Kristen Finnegan Selection Co-Chairs Middle School (grades 7-8): Bailey
Berardino and Kendra Wallace Selection Co-Chairs High School (grades
9-12): Cathy
Andronik and Marissa Bucci

Steering Committee Chair: Pamela Dear

We also want to thank you, all the librarians and teachers of Connecticut,
for promoting the book award and sharing the lists and titles with your
students.

The Steering Committee met tonight and looked at all the feedback on the
voting submission forms.
Based on your comments and our discussion, we will be making the following
change starting with the 2021 Nominees:

   - The breakdown of the grades for each award will remain the same:
   Elementary 2-3, Intermediate 4-6, Middle School 7-8, and High School 9-12.
   - When votes are collected next April, ALL STUDENTS MAY VOTE - and have
   their votes counted - FOR ANY LEVEL of the award.
      - It will be up to the teacher or librarian to promote the
      appropriate level for their readers. So, if a 4th grader would
like to vote
      for the Elementary award or if a 6th grader wants to vote for the Middle
      School award, that will be acceptable and counted.

If you have any questions,  please contact:
Steering Committee Secretary: Lisa Polack lpolack at ellingtonschools.net
or
Steering Committee Co-Chairs: Alessandra Petrino apetrino at westonct.gov or Sara
Bartelmo sbartelmo at WestHartfordCT.gov

*Lisa Polack  MEd, MLS*
*School Librarian, **Ellington Middle School*
*Secretary, Nutmeg Book Award*