[CASL-L] Fwd: SLJteen Live! 2020: Register for Free!

Barbara Johnson bajohnson at colchesterct.org
Fri May 15 06:14:00 PDT 2020

This year’s theme is Our Voice, Our Time.
Click here
<https://mediasource.actonservice.com/acton/ct/10574/s-2813-2005/Bct/l-0f96/l-0f96:2724/ct0_0/1?sid=TV2%3AVtzMdpjYI>
to view this message in a browser window.
<https://mediasource.actonservice.com/acton/ct/10574/s-2813-2005/Bct/l-0f96/l-0f96:2724/ct1_0/1?sid=TV2%3AVtzMdpjYI>

This year’s theme is *Our Voice, Our Time*
<https://mediasource.actonservice.com/acton/ct/10574/s-2813-2005/Bct/l-0f96/l-0f96:2724/ct1_1/1?sid=TV2%3AVtzMdpjYI>.
Often thought of as quiet places, libraries are in fact hotbeds of
passionate communication, dialogue, and activity. They continue to be a
vital part of a community, at a time when community is as important as it
is difficult to grasp.

Young adult fiction has always been about finding and raising your voice,
and like Greta Thunberg, Emma González, and other young activists, *real
teenagers around the world are making themselves heard, at home and abroad*.

This year, many teens will vote for the first time, and *even the youngest
have powerful perspectives worth sharing*. As many miss out on common
milestones such as prom, graduation, and campus visits, it’s especially
important to listen to their needs.

Meanwhile, educators and librarians have adapted to unprecedented demands,
and *#OwnVoices* creators increasingly share stories that have long been
silenced.

The conference’s author panels and library programming sessions will *help
you support and engage teens during this complex moment* and beyond.

*We are anticipating an unprecedented number of library professionals* to
attend this year's SLJteen Live!, so you may find the environment or live
sessions become full during the day.

*But fear not!* All sessions and author chats will be available for viewing
on-demand within an hour of the initial broadcast, and the entire event
will be available on-demand for three months.
<https://mediasource.actonservice.com/acton/ct/10574/s-2813-2005/Bct/l-0f96/l-0f96:2724/ct2_0/1?sid=TV2%3AVtzMdpjYI>

SLJteen Live! provides a lot of *good networking opportunities* and makes
it accessible to libraries of all sizes! It's fun and helps you meet
some r*eally
cool authors*. Plus, I learn about so many good books every time.

*—Kathryn Kania*
*Head of Teen Services*
*Robbins Library, Arlington, MA*

Upon completion of a session, attendees will receive a *certificate of
completion* that will include the number of education hours. Attendees may
submit that certificate to their governing continuing education body to
request CE credits. If you would like to verify in advance of registering
that your governing body will accept our certificate for credits, you may
be able to submit the program’s agenda to them for pre-approval.
<https://mediasource.actonservice.com/acton/ct/10574/s-2813-2005/Bct/l-0f96/l-0f96:2724/ct2_1/1?sid=TV2%3AVtzMdpjYI>
communications, Click Here
<http://mediasource.actonservice.com/acton/rif/10574/s-2813-2005/-/l-0f96:2724/l-0f96/zout?sid=TV2%3AVtzMdpjYI>
.

VIEW OUR PRIVACY POLICY: Click Here
<https://mediasource.actonservice.com/acton/ct/10574/s-2813-2005/Bct/l-0f96/l-0f96:2724/ct3_0/1?sid=TV2%3AVtzMdpjYI>
.

CONTACT US:
*School Library Journal*
(a MSI Information Services company)
123 William Street, Suite 802, New York, NY 10038

Tel: 646-380-0700
Fax: 646-380-0756
Email: sljinfo at mediasourceinc.com

--
Please be aware that email communication can be intercepted in transmission
or misdirected. Please communicate sensitive information by telephone or in