[CASL-L] Librarians are teachers too!

CASL President president at ctcasl.org
Wed May 20 16:54:48 PDT 2020

Jeff,
My name is Barbara Johnson, President of the Connecticut Association of
School Librarians.
One of our members received a survey from you today focusing on family
needs in this unique time. Specifically gaps and needs of families.
Ironically, the Librarians are in unique positions in their District to be
able to see the larger picture, identify gaps in learning, and help ensure
equity and access yet the role of Librarian was omitted as a choice for
this teacher.
The question was asked, "How can we have a voice in our State if our own
Union doesn't recognize us?"
I am hoping you can rectify this.
Please let me know and I will inform out membership.
Respectfully,
Barbara Johnson
President CASL