[CASL-L] Important Update Regarding the Connecticut State Library's RBdigital Collection

Bullis, Bradley Bradley.Bullis at ct.gov
Mon Nov 23 08:36:46 PST 2020

[cid:ffd02338-1dd9-4e68-a1c9-2a41a154cc47]

Good Afternoon,

As we shared back in August, OverDrive acquired RBdigital earlier this year.

We have been advised that the shutdown of the RBdigital platform will occur no later than December 30, 2020. That means that ebooks and audiobooks on RBdigital will no longer be accessible from the RBdigital app and website. Once this process is complete, the only way to access Connecticut State Library ebook and eaudio content will be through the SimplyE app.

We are working with Digital Public Library of America (DPLA) to migrate RBDigital content over to DPLA to be made available in the SimplyE app. This will take place over the next few months.

We appreciate your patience as we navigate these changes.

Best,
Brad

 [Connecticut State Library]

Brad Bullis | Digital Content and Innovation Coordinator, Division of Library Development
Bradley.Bullis at ct.gov<mailto:Bradley.Bullis at ct.gov> | Office: (860) 704-2206
libguides.ctstatelibrary.org/dld/<http://libguides.ctstatelibrary.org/dld/home> | 786 South Main St. Middletown, CT 06457 | Fax: (860) 704-2228