[CASL-L] RB Digital

Melissa Thom melissa_thom at whps.org
Sun Nov 29 10:18:00 PST 2020

Hello,

This was a message shared to CASL in the recent past. Also, CLC has been
working on a statewide digital collection that we should be hearing more
about soon:)

--------------
Good Afternoon,

As we shared back in August, OverDrive acquired RBdigital earlier this
year.

We have been advised that the shutdown of the RBdigital platform will occur
no later than *December 30, 2020*. That means that ebooks and audiobooks on
RBdigital will no longer be accessible from the RBdigital app and website.
Once this process is complete, the only way to access Connecticut State
Library ebook and eaudio content will be through the SimplyE app.

We are working with Digital Public Library of America (DPLA) to migrate
RBDigital content over to DPLA to be made available in the SimplyE app.
This will take place over the next few months.

We appreciate your patience as we navigate these changes.
Best,
Brad

Hope this helps!!
Melissa

Melissa Thom
@MsThomBookitis
Bristow Middle School Teacher Librarian
West Hartford Public Schools
Bristow Library Learning Commons Webpage: h
<http://blog.whps.org/bristowlibrarylearningcommons>ttp://
bit.ly/BristowLibrary
*Follow us on Twitter: @bristowllc*
*Follow me on Goodreads
<https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/10867206-melissa-thom> *
*Join the Libro.fm ACL <http://libro.fm/referral?rf_code=lfm82519> and
receive free audiobooks each month! Use my referral code: **lfm82519*

*Currently Reading:     *
*Clap When You Land *by Elizabeth Acevedo
*Some Places More Than Others* by Renee Watson
*Currently Listening:*
*The Ethan I Once Was *by Ali Standish (Hoopla)
*Recently Finished:      *
*Piecing Me Together *by Renee Watson
*Stealing Mt. Rushmore *by Daphne Kalmar (bookposse)
*Before the Ever After (libro.fm <http://libro.fm/>)*
*This Is My America* by Kim Johnson (libro.fm)
*Everything Sad is True *by Daniel Nayeri
*You Should See Me in a Crown* by Leah Johnson
*The Captive Kingdom* by Jennifer Neilsen
*Hope To Read Soon:*
*City of Spies by James Ponti *
*SOOOO Many More....*

Check out my blog all about books and reading!
http://www.msthomsbookitis.weebly.com

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 12:51 PM My9lives124 <my9lives1970 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know what is going on with the State library's RBDigital
> service? Are they replacing it? The website says this:  Please be advised
> that the shutdown of the RBdigital platform will occur no later than
> December 30, 2020. That means that ebooks and audiobooks on RBdigital will
> no longer be accessible from the RBdigital app and website.
>
> --
> Ann Kauffman
> Librarian Chaplin Elementary School

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:
This West Hartford Public Schools e-mail may contain
confidential information. It is intended solely for the original designated
recipient(s).
Any other use is prohibited and access to this email by
anyone else is unauthorized.Any opinions expressed are those of the author
and are not necessarily endorsed by WHPS.