[CASL-L] Fwd: You are Invited! 2020 Connecticut Book Awards

Barbara Johnson bajohnson at colchesterct.org
Thu Oct 1 08:50:25 PDT 2020

Not sure if you get this too...

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Lisa Comstock <lcomstock at cthumanities.org>
Date: Thu, Oct 1, 2020, 10:06 AM
Subject: You are Invited! 2020 Connecticut Book Awards
To: Barbara Johnson <bajohnson at colchesterct.org>

October 15, 2020 @ 6:00 p.m. | CBA2020
View in your browser
<https://cthumanities.org/civicrm?civiwp=CiviCRM&q=civicrm%2Fmailing%2Fview&reset=1&id=605>
2020 Connecticut Book Awards | October 15, 2020 | VIRTUAL EVENT
*Poetry | Young Readers | Nonfiction | Fiction | Spirit of Connecticut*
2020 Connecticut Book Awards

*Date*

October 15, 2020 - VIRTUAL EVENT

*Time*

5:30-6:00 p.m.

Enjoy pre-awards fun with Connecticut literature trivia, songs from the
Connecticut State Troubadour Nekita Waller, a signature cocktail
demonstration, and more!

6:00-7:00 p.m. - Awards Event

*Emcee*

Matthew Dicks, Author, Storyteller, Teacher

*Place*

A computer, mobile phone or tablet near you!

More about the awards

We are sad that we can't see all of our literature loving friends this
year, but this will still be a great event and the essence of the
Connecticut Book Awards remains the same.

To remind you of what that essence is, the awards recognize the best books
of *2019* *about *Connecticut or by authors and illustrators *from
*Connecticut.
Categories include: Fiction, Nonfiction, Poetry, and Books for Young
Readers. A special category, the Bruce Fraser "Spirit of Connecticut" Award
is dedicated to the memory of longtime Connecticut Humanities director
Bruce Fraser and celebrates Connecticut’s sense of place.

I hope you can join us on October 15th. I look forward to 'seeing' you!

Lisa Comstock
Director, Connecticut Center for the Book

Register Here
<https://cthumanities.org/civicrm?civiwp=CiviCRM&q=civicrm/mailing/url&u=3368&qid=163997>
2020 CT Book Award Finalists

Nonfiction

*Motherland* – Elissa Altman
*Citizen Outlaw* – Charles Barber
*Sol LeWitt, A Life of Ideas* – Lary Bloom
*Ahab’s Rolling Sea, A Natural History of Moby-Dick* – Richard J. King
*Yale Needs Women, How the First Group of Girls Rewrote the Rules of an Ivy
League Giant *-- Anne Gardiner Perkins
Poetry

*Without My Asking* – Robert Cording
*Exuberance* – Dolores Hayden
*Peripheral Vision* – Susan Kinsolving
*Mouthbrooders* – Amy Nawrocki
*Afterswarm* – Margot Schilpp
*The Fire in Hand* – Karen Torop
Fiction

*The Seven or Eight Deaths of Stella Fortuna* – Juliet Grames
*How Fires End* – Marco Rafalà
*On Earth We’re Briefly Gorgeous* – Ocean Vuong
Young ReadersFiction

*The Tornado* – Jake Burt
*New Kid* – Jerry Craft
*Ruby in the Sky* – Jeanne Zulick Ferruolo
*Searching for Lottie* – Susan L. Ross
Nonfiction

*Superlative Birds* – Leslie Bulion
*Now You Know What You Eat* – Valorie Fisher
*I See Sea Food, Sea Creatures That Look Like Food* – Jenna Grodzicki
*Titan and the Wild Boars* – Susan Hood
Picture Book

*Winter Cats – *Janet Lawler, Author
*Esther’s Gragger: A Toyshop Tale of Purim – *Martha Seif Simpson, Author
*The Night Is Yours –* Abdul-Razak Zachariah, Author
2020 Bruce Fraser "Spirit of Connecticut" Finalists
Nonfiction

*Forever Seeing New Beauties, The Forgotten Impressionist Mary Rogers
Williams* – Eve M. Kahn
Fiction

*Old Newgate Road* – Keith Scribner
Young Readers

*Venture Smith’s Colonial Connecticut* – Elizabeth Normen, Author
Poetry

*The Breach* – David K. Leff

.

CT Center for the Book
100 Riverview Center
Suite 270
Middletown, CT 06457
United States

info at cthumanities.org

Unsubscribe
<https://cthumanities.org/civicrm?civiwp=CiviCRM&q=civicrm%2Fmailing%2Funsubscribe&reset=1&jid=3460&qid=163997&h=74f7d7078235b135>
from this list.

<https://cthumanities.org/civicrm?civiwp=CiviCRM&q=civicrm%2Fmailing%2Fforward&reset=1&jid=3460&qid=163997&h=74f7d7078235b135>this
email
  [image: Twitter]
<https://cthumanities.org/civicrm?civiwp=CiviCRM&q=civicrm/mailing/url&u=3387&qid=163997>

--
Please be aware that email communication can be intercepted in transmission
or misdirected. Please communicate sensitive information by telephone or in