[CASL-L] Summer Reading follow-up

Polack, Lisa lpolack at ellingtonschools.net
Tue Oct 27 10:13:44 PDT 2020

Hi everyone!

I thought I'd share some of the results from my Summer Reading Challenge
that I had shared with you last spring.

It's been a busy and unusual fall, but we finally were able to recognize
the students who worked hard to complete our challenge.

I LOVE the way it came out! We will revise slightly and try again next
summer. Now that we have some examples, we will aim to get more
participation.

Here's a short presentation
<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vSkHnBi8_JdFXfH4Oy06ZM8LLmRzn3UGE9nhT_p-cZ_016exIprxL684sNfbwlv8IjKk7fvrr7UiMjE/pub?start=false&loop=false&delayms=3000>
(less than 2 minutes) I put together with sample slides from some of the
students who participated. I really enjoyed seeing the variety of books and
places that my students read all summer long!

If you are curious, here's the blank slideshow
<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1t_4IacvlalNx6fVjtFuS0hlbWJOUpwLHE6zmVPVQrCg/copy>
we asked students to fill in and then submit in the fall.

-Lisa

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vSkHnBi8_JdFXfH4Oy06ZM8LLmRzn3UGE9nhT_p-cZ_016exIprxL684sNfbwlv8IjKk7fvrr7UiMjE/pub?start=false&loop=false&delayms=3000

*Lisa Polack  MEd, MLS*
*School Librarian, **Ellington Middle School*
*6th Grade, Distance Learning ELA Teacher*
*Secretary, Nutmeg Book Award*