[CASL-L] Follett Facebook Group and Book Checkouts

Larissa Crocco lcrocco at woodbridgeps.org
Thu Oct 29 08:56:32 PDT 2020

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share that there is an amazing Facebook Group called Follett
Destiny Users for Librarians. I highly recommend it.

I also wanted to check in and see how everyone is circulating books. I know
we talked about this earlier in the year.

We currently have around 600, maybe a few more, in person learners at my
pre-k 6 school. We push in for our fixed classes. Grades 2-6 have learned
or are learning how to login to Destiny to place a hold. Younger kids fill
out request slips, or we go in the morning and ask them to share what books
they want. We also do book talks. We are doing book checkouts for pick up
for our remote learners in Grades 3-6. Hoping to expand it to include K-2
in the very near future. Pre-K is not currently getting books.

A surprising benefit is that kids are becoming mode astute Destiny
searchers and strengthening their catalog skills as well as discovering
other books they would have walked right by. I have a hunch that our
administration is eager for us to reopen for browsing. It would be helpful
to know that we are not the only ones using this type of a system still.

I should add that we are also quartining books in bins for 7 days as we
simply do not have enough spaces to spread materials out.

Thank you for your input,

Larissa

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email transmission (and/or attachments
accompanying it) may contain privileged and/or confidential information,