[CASL-L] Native American Heritage month resources

CASL Secretary secretary at ctcasl.org
Fri Oct 30 05:00:00 PDT 2020

Dear colleagues,

In honor of Native American Heritage month, we wanted to let you know about
some resources that might get you thinking and also might be great to share
with teachers at your school.

First, the National Museum of the American Indian is hosting 2 webinars:

Giving Thanks: Telling More Complete Narratives About Thanksgiving -
Tuesday, Nov. 10 and Tuesday, Nov. 17 from 7-8pm. Each session discusses
different topics.

Visit this page
<https://americanindian.si.edu/nk360/professional-development/upcoming-webinars/>to
register.

Second, we are creating a list of picture books and chapter books that you
may want to use and recommend such as this beautiful book:

[image: We are grateful.png]

CASL has curated a list of high quality resources on this subject. To
access the above resources and more, please log into your CASL account and
visit the members-only content page. This is just ONE of the perks of CASL
membership! Visit the CASL webpage <http://ctcasl.org/> to log in! If you
aren't a member, you can join or renew now.

Please note, to access members-only content, you must log in with the email
address you used to sign up for your membership (see attached video
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p0xIG5oNDA-6530HoVTHk2cX4QhER7va/view?usp=sharing>
).

Best,
CASL PD