[CASL-L] Reminder: #TryThisOnMonday Picture Books and Lessons with Maureen Schlosser, April 12, 2021

Barbara Johnson bajohnson at colchesterct.org
Mon Apr 12 11:08:21 PDT 2021

#TryThisOnMonday Picture Books and Lessons with Maureen Schlosser

When: April 12, 2021 4:00 PM, EDT
Where: https://meet.google.com/chq-oywb-rxp&nbsp
<http://casl.wildapricot.org/EmailTracker/LinkTracker.ashx?linkAndRecipientCode=6sbxOJm89PSJ1KxuCqS5A0bcMmNC%2fzzI%2bnfBWztDXjGPp8Fuu8aaYatWEzVBsmjv%2b%2b778WFd%2f%2ftGaOTIrBXilFK5%2b9wz6hHIMMBLSg5bVxM%3d>
;

*EVENT DETAILS:*

Join us on April 12 4-5pm  for another edition of #TryThisOnMonday

with Author

MAUREEN SCHLOSSER

I am a retired school librarian who loves to blog and teach online courses.
I write for Knowledge Quest <http://knowledgequest.aasl.org/> and
create/facilitate online classes for AASL
<https://knowledgequest.aasl.org/new-4-week-aasl-ecourse/> and
Skillshare.com
<https://www.skillshare.com/r/profile/Maureen-Schlosser/373381144>. As a
school librarian, I was a co-chair for the Nutmeg Book Award. My articles
about integrating the arts and advocacy were published in library journals.
I also present at national and state conferences.

schlossercontentwriter at gmail.com

https://librarylessonswithbooks.com/

Exploring Maps in Picture Books: What Stories do They Tell?

After exploring maps found in picture books and hearing lesson ideas,
participants will brainstorm how to shape the lesson ideas for their
learning community.

Picture Book Titles:

   - *Hike *by Pete Oswald
   - *Out the Door* by Christy Hale
   - *A Green Place to Be: The Creation of Central Park *by Ashley Benham
   Yazdani
   - *Camilla, Cartographer *by Julie Dillemuth

We'll also talk about how drawing illustrated maps supports the Explore
Shared Foundation (
https://knowledgequest.aasl.org/illustrated-maps-how-drawing-one-map-can-support-the-explore-shared-foundation/
)

https://www.alastore.ala.org/content/lessons-inspired-picture-books-primary-grades-aasl-standards%E2%80%93based-learning-series

--
Please be aware that email communication can be intercepted in transmission
or misdirected. Please communicate sensitive information by telephone or in