[CASL-L] High School Library Learning Commons?

Jen jlarkin24 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 05:37:37 PST 2021

Hello everyone! My name is Jen Larkin and I'm a high school librarian at EO
Smith High School in Storrs, CT.  I also co-teach the ARCLMS program with
my partner in crime, Lisa Polack.  Lisa is a middle school librarian in
Ellington.

As part of our ARCLMS program, each year we host a panel discussion about
Library Learning Commons - the model, how your library fits (or partially
fits) that model, theory behind it, programming and your typical day,
and/or even how you transformed your library to that model or are
transforming it now.

We usually have no issues finding guest presenters at the elementary and
middle school level - but have a hard time finding a high school
librarian.  And I can't  be the guest presenter in my own class - LOL!  Can
anyone out there help?  If you are a high school librarian who has, is
moving towards, or has plans to move towards a learning commons model - and
wants to be a guest ZOOM presenter at our MARCH 6th class (a Saturday) -
please email me!

And if there are any elementary or middle school librarians who fit this
description and want to join us as well - the more the merrier!  We would
love to provide a wide range of voices - and since it's virtual on Zoom,
it's so easy to join!

I look forward to hearing back from you!
Jen Larkin