[CASL-L] Fwd: Invitation for 4-8th graders to a virtual hackathon with Random Hacks of Kindness Junior

Barbara Johnson bajohnson at colchesterct.org
Sun Feb 7 19:31:21 PST 2021

I would like to take this opportunity to invite your students to
participate in Random Hacks of Kindness Junor’s  upcoming virtual hackathon
scheduled for Saturday, February 20, 2021 from 9 - 12. The three hour
coding program will focus on designing and coding apps celebrating Black
History Month.

Using Zoom, students will work in pairs with mentors to create prototype
smartphone apps (using the online app block programming language, APP LAB
from Code.org). This is not your traditional hackathon where the objective
is a finished product.  No prior coding experience is required.  The core
mission of our program is to expose girls and boys to kindness and social
good through the lense of technology. We are more interested in the
creation of technology, specifically the ideation and design process as it
applies to a local community nonprofit.   We focus on the soft skills of
collaboration and cooperation.

Pre-registration is required. The registration fee for the event is $10.
Participants may register by going to RHoKJr’s website at
https://rhokjr.org/event/hacking-for-black-history-month/

For additional information I can be reached at reesegans at gmail.com
Thank you,
Patrice

*Patrice Gans, Founder, Executive Director*
*Random Hacks of Kindness Junior Inc.*
*@RHoKJr*
*https://rhokjr.org <https://rhokjr.org>*

--
Please be aware that email communication can be intercepted in transmission
or misdirected. Please communicate sensitive information by telephone or in