[CASL-L] Fwd: HBA #6359

CASL President president at ctcasl.org
Tue Feb 9 05:54:01 PST 2021

All,
Below is an email I have just sent to the CT Senate Chair and the ranking
member of the House. (their emails are below as well)

Please take a minute to email both Mr. McCrory and Mr. Sanchez in support
of HBA6359, while not a formal Bill yet it's purpose is to mandate the
teaching of Media Literacy and Digital Literacy in grades 3-12.  It does
not directly mention Libraries or Librarians, but would have implications
if passed. This Bill in conjunction with passing the AASL Standards through
the CT Board of Education would go a long way in why School Librarians and
School Libraries are a MUST HAVE and not a NICE TO HAVE.

  Feel free to copy my email or compose your own!
robert.sanchez at cga.ct.gov  douglas.mccrory at cga.ct.gov
*Barbara Johnson*
President
Connecticut Association of School Librarians
4 Wotton Lane • Burlington, CT • 06013•
<http:///www.ctcasl.org>
Check out our NEW website www.ctcasl.org