[CASL-L] Invitation for 4-8th graders to a virtual hackathon with Random Hacks of Kindness Junio

Douglas Lord dlord at chboothlibrary.org
Wed Feb 24 09:33:28 PST 2021

Hi everyone -

I rarely post, in fact this might be a first for me on CASL-L. Just wanted
to testify personally about these Random Hacks of Kindness, Jr. events -
they have been great for my daughter who is 11 and has been doing them
since she was about 9. They show the power of coding, its potential. I'm
amazed at how she has grown from being a fairly passive participant to one
who now gets in there right away, up to her elbows, and involves other
participants who she was once like. There's a teamwork component, there's
altruism, and she's always proud of whatever happened there. Patrice does a
great job of herding all the cats into one general direction in a way that
is considerate and productive.

<https://chboothlibrary.org>

Douglas C. Lord *(he/him)*

Director