[CASL-L] Fw: Announcing this year's I Love My Librarian Award winners

Kerry Darby kerrypdarby at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 12 17:28:20 PST 2021

 Congratulations, Jane! This is so well deserved. We have all benefitted from your creative ideas and generosity in sharing them.
    On Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 09:24:27 AM EST, Porier, Anne <aporier at wallingfordschools.org> wrote:

I'm sorry if I missed this being shared, but I was so excited to see CT's own Jane Martellino was recently honored with ALA's "I Love My Librarian Award". Congratulations, Jane, on this wonderful and well-deserved achievement! (1 of 10 librarians recognized in the nation!) You have shared so much with CT's school librarians, and inspired many of us! Thank you for all you do!
Sincerely,
Anne PorierSchool LibrarianMoses Y. Beach Elementary School340 N. Main St.Wallingford CTaporier at wallingfordschools.org203-294-3950Twitter: @APorier
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021, 02:27:53 PM ESTSubject: Announcing this year's I Love My Librarian Award winners

|  |

Having trouble viewing this email?

Click here to view this email in a web browser.

 |  |

|  |
|  |

|  |

We received 1,865 nominations for this year’s I Love My Librarian Award, showcasing how libraries have gone above and beyond to help their communities during an unprecedented time.

With so many incredible nominations, narrowing down the pool was no easy feat for our selection committee—but 10 librarians particularly stood out for their amazing accomplishments and commitment.

Congratulations to our winners:

Jayanti Addleman

Hayward Public Library (California)

Jessica Bell

MGH Institute of Health Professions (Boston)

Sean C. Bird

Washburn University (Topeka, Kansas)

Naomi Bishop

Phoenix Biomedical Campus (Arizona)

Jesse Braun

Beverly Vista Middle School (Beverly Hills, California)

Adilene Estrada-Huerta

Sacramento Public Library (California)

Jianye He

University of California, Berkeley

Jane E. Martellino

International School at Dundee (Greenwich, Connecticut)

Jennifer L. Newcome

Northeastern High School (Manchester, Pennsylvania)

Elizabeth Moreau Nicolai

Anchorage Public Library (Alaska)

Learn more about the winners on the I Love Libraries website.

|  |

|  |
|  |

|  |

This award wouldn’t be possible without library lovers and supporters like you! Our deepest thanks to everyone who took the time to submit a nomination. All nominees will receive copies of their nominations via email soon.

The award winners will be honored at the American Library Association’s virtual Midwinter Meeting on Saturday, January 23, at 2:30 p.m. CT. We’ll be livestreaming the award ceremony on YouTube, so you can hear directly from the award winners and learn more about their inspiring stories.

We look forward to seeing you online for the award ceremony!

|  |
|  |

 |  |

|  |

|  |
|  |

|  |
|  |

|  |

|  |

|  |

|  |
|  |
|  |

 |  |  |
|  |
|  |

 |  |  |
|  |
|  |

 |  |  |
|  |
|  |

 |  |  |
|  |
|  |

 |  |

|  |

|  |

American Library Association

225 N Michigan Ave, Suite 1300

Chicago, IL 60601 | 1.800.545.2433

ala.org | ilovelibraries.org

You have received this message because you previously nominated a librarian or you expressed an interest in the I Love My Librarian Award. If you wish to unsubscribe, use the links provided below.

Unsubscribe from I Love My Librarian Award emails.

Unsubscribe from all American Library Association emails.

ReviewALA's Privacy Policy and Personal Data Notification (PDN).

 |  |

|  |

|    |