[CASL-L] CHARTER OAK BOOK AWARD RESULTS

Jane Martellino janemartellino at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 15:28:44 PDT 2021

Here you go: COCBA results!
<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vQNwS14hOHTyCkLzhPKQIeH7hmBGahfUZbX8s2QOVtdNY2hjN5G4UTOHtfQm7RtVN2G7jiZeDMDUv3N/pub?start=false&loop=false&delayms=3000>

I also like to compare state results to our school results and then to
grade-level school results.   I create an additional slide with this data.
Fun data analysis for the students!

*Special message:*
I wanted to personally thank you for participating in the 10th season of
the COCBA program. I still recall the day I decided to create and pilot
this program.

The committee did a great job making the final selections for this year.
The students loved the books and votes were pretty spread out.

If you don't have third graders participate, I would encourage you to
include them next year.  Our third graders have participated in COCBA since
kindergarten. They are extremely enthusiastic about their final year in
this program.  They take it very seriously and our conversations are
fantastic.

Next year, Christina O'Neill will take over the chair position for this
committee.  I will remain connected both as the founder and an advisory
member.  After much reflection, my husband and I decided it was time for me
to retire from CT public schools.  We've decided to move closer to our
daughter, and John wants to golf much more often than he can in New
England. I know I have more to give and learn so I've accepted a private
school position in Houston.

I wish you a summer that is refreshing and rejuvenating.

You can stay in touch with me through this email and I will continue to
share lots through my Twitter account: @Jane Martellino
<janemartellino at gmail.com>

It's been a delight working with the librarians of CT!
Jane
--
Jane E. Martellino
Twitter: @janemartellino