[CASL-L] Great author visit for MG

Leslie Poulos l_poulos at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 24 18:47:03 PDT 2021

Hello all:

Today we (SDMS in Wethersfield) had Nora Raleigh Baskin, Tom Rogers, and Gae Polisner discuss their books (Nine,Ten: A September 11th Story, Eleven, and The Memory of Things) on 9/11 as part of our historical fiction book club unit for 7th grade. It was fantastic! They discussed how they got the idea to write their books, how they researched, and why historical fiction and remembering history is important. It was emotional at times for staff and students but very good.

If you are looking to book something for the fall, it will be the 20th anniversary of 9/11.

Each of them also does individual visits.

Nora and Gae have other books as well (Nora and Gae wrote Seven Clues to Home together and have another book coming out soon-a mystery/humorous novel).

Tom Rogers writes screenplays for Disney which was interesting to hear about.

I can’t tell you the cost as we had a special arrangement but here are their contacts:

norabaskin at aol.com

g.polisner at gmail.com

tom at eleventhebook.com

And....

We had Sarah Littman earlier this year as well and she was great too- but as most of her books are more YA, probably better for grades 7 and up.

We are a 7-8 middle school.

Sent from my iPhone