[CASL-L] Apply today to be on a Nutmeg Selection Committee!!

Finnegan, Kristen kfinnegan at lauraltonhall.org
Fri Oct 15 06:35:23 PDT 2021

  Apply today to be on a Nutmeg Selection Committee!!

The Nutmeg Selection Committees are currently seeking students and librarians to help choose the 2024 Nutmeg Book Award Nominees!

These committees will start meeting in early 2022 and will work together through early 2023. The nominee list you will create will be voted on in April 2024.

We encourage librarians and students from libraries in a variety of settings to apply. We would love to have committees that represent the wide diversity that we find in our readers.

Please forward this email to anyone who fits the criteria and who might be interested. Thank you!

STUDENTS

If you know a student who would be interested in becoming a student reader on the Intermediate,

Middle School, or High School Selection Committees, please share the corresponding application listed below. Please make sure they read the requirements at the top of the application. It is a challenging but rewarding experience!

Student Applications:

Student readers currently in grades 6 or 7: https://forms.gle/scHnT1n1TDiqgJWh7

Student readers currently in grades 8 or 9: https://forms.gle/LeyAYL5yEsdKumjw9

Student readers currently in grades 10 or 11: https://forms.gle/WogXgS8s56bC2voQ8

Please note, we are not accepting applications from high school seniors and do not have student readers on the Elementary Book Award Selection Committee.

RECOMMENDATION FORM

Every student that applies to be on a committee will need a recommendation from a teacher or librarian. Instead of a letter, we are asking the teacher or librarian to fill out a recommendation form.

To be filled out by a teacher or librarian:

Intermediate Recommendation Form (students in grades 6 or 7): https://forms.gle/NTpermyZfdYZATaq9

Middle School Recommendation Form (students in grades 8 or 9): https://forms.gle/9sLxbAvCKPL8M4fx5

High School Recommendation Form (students in grades 10 or 11): https://forms.gle/SN8xQdg2QbBPAxmL8

All applications & recommendation letters must be received by the end of the day on November 15th.

LIBRARIANS

Please fill out an application for the committee that is your first choice:

Elementary:   https://forms.gle/NtLwYp7reeC4882j9

Intermediate: https://forms.gle/ZGu397PfXYEQPoeK6

Middle School: https://forms.gle/ARJaT5wTHC6UhiBL9

High School: https://forms.gle/erW5iav8BP2zK9J78

Please take the time to read the requirements at the top of the application so you know what to expect if you are chosen to be a member of a Nutmeg selection committee.

All applications & recommendation letters must be received by the end of the day on November 15th.

You will be notified before the new year if you have or have not been selected to be on one of the Committees.

If you have any questions, please contact:

Alessandra Petrino apetrino at westonct.gov<mailto:apetrino at westonct.gov> Nutmeg Book Award Secretary

Lisa Polack librarylisap at gmail.com<mailto:librarylisap at gmail.com>  Nutmeg Book Award Outgoing Secretary

Kristen Finnegan kfinnegan9300 at gmail.com<mailto:kfinnegan9300 at gmail.com> 2022 Nutmeg Book Award Steering Chairperson

2024 Elementary 2-3 Selection Committee Co-Chairperson Anne Porier APorier at wallingfordschools.org<mailto:APorier at wallingfordschools.org>