[CASL-L] Art History Resource

Matthew Cadorette MCadorette at waterfordschools.org
Tue Sep 7 06:06:29 PDT 2021

Hi Folks:

I just found this new-ish youtube channel (it's about a year old) that does a great job of explaining art in 15 minutes.

It's called Great Art Explained

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCePDFpCr78_qmVtpoB1Axaw

I sent it to my English, Art, and History departments and the ones who checked it out said they'd be using it in their classes.  It has history, composition, techniques, and a host of other good information on a wide variety of artworks.

I hope it's useful to you as well.

Matt

Matt Cadorette
Librarian
Waterford High School
20 Rope Ferry Road
Waterford, CT 06385
860-437-6956
Lancer Library Website<http://waterfordwhs.ss16.sharpschool.com/academics/technology/lancer_library>
mcadorette at waterfordschools.org

But you were always a good man of business, Jacob,' faltered Scrooge, who now began to apply this to himself.

`Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. `Mankind was my business. The common welfare was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The dealings of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!'