[CASL-L] Follett Frustration

Julie Yulo-Medeiros jyulomed at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 8 13:39:43 PDT 2021

Hello everyone,

For full-service book distributors serving schools, Connecticut Library Consortium (CLC) has discount contracts with Mackin (thank you Carrie for sharing details) and Ingram. Both offer a variety of processing options. Mackin includes free processing, which they consider to be MARC record or catalog card set, barcode, spine label, date due slip, mylar cover on jacketed books, pocket. Ingram has discounted processing under the CLC contract and can customize anything to your preferences.

CLC also has contracts with specialty suppliers Bound to Stay Bound, Cavendish Square, Rosen, and Scholastic. All offer some level of processing.

We can’t make all of the contract terms available here, but CLC members can download guides to all of our contracts from this page:

https://www.ctlibrarians.org/bidcontracts

You’ll need your CLC username and password.

Public information about our book contracts is available here: https://www.ctlibrarians.org/books

Here are the reps for the vendors mentioned above:

• Mackin: Hugh Ahearn, 508-776-3642, hugh.ahearn at mackin.com

• Ingram: Amanda Inman, 800-937-5300 x35771, amanda.inman at ingramcontent.com

  • Cavendish Square, Rosen & Scholastic: Paul Davis, 800-963-2665, pauldavisway at aol.com

• BTSB: Jeff Meskill, 800-637-6586 x3531, jmeskill at btsb.com

Not sure if you are a member of CLC or would like to learn more about joining. Click on Join Us! for more information.  Of course, you can contact me any time with your questions about the book contracts, or CLC membership.

In other news, CLC is preparing to go out to bid for print books. The current contracts are in effect through the end of the year. Stay tuned!Julie

Julie Yulo-Medeiros

Member Relations Manager, School & Academic Libraries

Connecticut Library Consortium

P: 860.740.3042

A: 234 Court Street

Middletown, CT 06457