[CASL-L] Interesting article about lateral reading vs checklists like CRAAP

CASL VP Intern vpintern at ctcasl.org
Mon Sep 13 18:11:52 PDT 2021

Very good article, Jenny, and if you/anyone would like to watch a short,
excellent video about lateral reading, I highly suggest author John Green's
work:
"Check Yourself with Lateral Reading
<http://quietube7.com/v.php/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoQG6Tin-1E>"
from Green's Crash Course: Navigating Digital Information (on YouTube)

~Val DiLorenzo

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 8:58 PM CASL Vice President <
vicepresident at ctcasl.org> wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> I am participating in KQED's mini-course about media literacy and I am
> learning a ton! I can't recommend them enough.
> Visit: https://teach.kqed.org/media-academy-for-educators
>
> Week 2 is focused on lateral reading and they shared an article
> <http://kappanonline.org/breakstone-need-new-approach-teaching-digital-literacy/>about
> why this is the most effective strategy versus things like the CRAAP test
> and other checklists.
>
> Thought I would pass this along - certainly worth thinking about.
> Jenny
>

> --
> Jenny Lussier
> Vice-president