[CASL-L] Banned Book Week Discussion

CASL President president at ctcasl.org
Thu Sep 23 07:40:48 PDT 2021

Good Morning,

We hope you are able to join CASL *tonight *for our discussion on Banned
Books Week from 5:30-6:30pm.

Banned Books Week (September 26 - October 2, 2021) is an annual event
celebrating the freedom to read. Typically held during the last week of
September, it spotlights current and historical attempts to censor books in
libraries and schools. It brings together the entire book community —
librarians, booksellers, publishers, journalists, teachers, and readers of
all types — in shared support of the freedom to seek and to express ideas,
even those some consider unorthodox or unpopular.

Join CASL Members to discuss books, policies, procedures, and resources for
your library!

RSVP here <https://casl.wildapricot.org/event-4494410>!

*Please add the link to YOUR collection policy and challenge policy on this
form <https://forms.gle/Mo4dY21aPR4gKR5T8>. If you don't have policies,
seeing examples may help you begin this very important process.*

*Melissa Thom*
President
Connecticut Association of School Librarians
4 Wotton Lane • Burlington, CT • 06013•
<http:///www.ctcasl.org>