[CASL-L] Printer for barcodes & spine labels

Sarah Lynch sarah_lynch at whps.org
Thu Sep 23 08:31:54 PDT 2021

Hi Carolyn,

One word of caution about the Dymo 450 and any other Dymo thermal printer.
Those are not meant to last a long time and the thermal labels will fade
with time and light exposure, much like a thermal receipt fades. They will
last longer than a receipt, but will not likely last the life of a book. I
know other librarians who have used thermal printers and they had this
problem. Dymo does make label makers that are not thermal, but that is not
standard.

I have had a Brother P-Touch label maker for over 11 years and I love it.
It gets a lot of use and has served me well. I have it connected to the
computer and have templates made up. I use it to print labels for my
shelves as well as spine labels. It can also print barcodes.

This is the update version. https://www.brother-usa.com/products/ptd600

Sarah Lynch, National Board Certified Librarian
Wolcott Elementary- West Hartford Public Schools
71 Wolcott Rd., West Hartford, CT 06110
Telephone: 860-561-2300 Ext. 3637

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 9:49 AM Carolyn Shea <caeshea at gmail.com> wrote:

> Good morning everyone,
>
> Our school library is looking to purchase a printer for barcodes and spine
> labels. We would like something that is inexpensive (but not cheap). Do you
> have a printer that you recommend?
>
> Thanks so much!
>
> Carolyn Shea
> LMS
> Darien High School

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:
This West Hartford Public Schools e-mail may contain
confidential information. It is intended solely for the original designated
recipient(s).
Any other use is prohibited and access to this email by
anyone else is unauthorized.Any opinions expressed are those of the author
and are not necessarily endorsed by WHPS.