[CASL-L] Election Day PD - School Librarians - CLC

Julie Yulo-Medeiros jyulomed at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 23 08:43:18 PDT 2021

School Library Professional Development Day

Tuesday, November 2

Election Day

9:00am – 3:30pm

Sponsor: Mackin

(choose morning, afternoon, or full day)

Online via Zoom

CLC Members: $35 for AM or PM session, $50 for full day

Non-Members: $60 for AM or PM session, $75 for full day

LEARN MORE & REGISTER

Join Connecticut Library Consortium (CLC) on Election Day for an online professional development day just for school librarians! Choose morning, afternoon, or both sessions.

MORNING PROGRAM - 9:00am-noon

Collaborative working sessions with your colleagues from around the state

   -
School Library Success Stories in Challenging Times - In this session we will have an active discussion about our experiences teaching and running a school library during a pandemic. Attendees will share successes, take away new ideas, and build a network of school librarians for guidance and support.

   -
Readers’ Advisory – Bring your best recommendations for exciting new titles, titles for reluctant readers, and underrated titles that should be in every collection. Attendees will leave with an extensive list of books vetted by colleagues across the state.

   -
Mackin Book Buzz

AFTERNOON PROGRAM - 12:30-3:30pm

Dr. Monica Burns, educator, author, speaker, and EdTech consultant

   -
Create Opportunities for Students to Explore the World - We will look at exploration and the role it plays in building empathy, piquing student curiosity, and helping students think critically and deeply about the world around them. We’ll examine how online experiences can strengthen connections and help students learn about the lives of others whom they may never encounter in the town or city where they live. This interactive session will include an introduction to free virtual reality resources and a connection to social-emotional learning.

   -
How to Use Technology to Assess Students and Pivot Instruction - This session will cover strategies for collecting and analyzing data so educators can take action through instructional pivots and interventions. We will focus on formative assessment and how to check for understanding before, during, and after instruction.

   -
Participants will explore how digital tools provide a special benefit for students as they increase student opportunities (frequency) and options (choice) to share their learning.

REGISTRATION IS OPEN NOW!

Questions contact Julie for more information.

Julie Yulo-Medeiros

Member Relations Manager, School & Academic Libraries

Connecticut Library Consortium

P: 860.740.3042

A: 234 Court Street

Middletown, CT 06457