[CASL-L] New librarian question on policies

Emily Beck emilycbeck4 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 10:18:30 PDT 2022

Hello everyone,

My name is Emily Beck and I am a new librarian in New London. In looking to establish a routine for my students in borrowing and returning books, I am curious if anyone has an example of communication that they sent home to families describing their policy.

For now, our policy will be that all students in K-5 are permitted to borrow and take home one book, with it being due back the next time week. If a book becomes overdue, students will not be able to check out another book until or is returned. Any feedback or templates would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance,
Emily Beck
C.B. Jennings International Elementary Magnet k