[CASL-L] [EXTERNAL] Question Regarding Labeling Books in a HS Library

Rocca, Jen Roccaj at brookfieldps.org
Thu Dec 8 10:10:25 PST 2022

No, and I would be super opposed to it. The ALA addresses this issue in THIS
Q&A <https://www.ala.org/advocacy/intfreedom/labelingratingqa> and
describes it as a violation of the Library Bill of Rights.

On Thu, Dec 8, 2022 at 11:31 AM Jennifer Cirino <jecirino at westportps.org>
wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am wondering if there are any high school libraries that label their
> books with content considered "explicit."
>
> Thanks,
> Jenn
>
> *Jennifer Cirino* (She/Her/Hers)
> Co-Librarian
> *Staples High School*
> *P*: 203-341-1495 | jecirino at westportps.org | @jenncirino
> Currently Reading: *Our Missing Hearts*
> Just Finished: *The Marriage Portrait*
> Up Next: *We Are Not Free*

Jennifer Rocca (she/her)
BHS Teacher Librarian
203-775-7725 x-7775

"We are a learning community committed to fostering intellect, respect, and
integrity."