[CASL-L] Webinar with Laura Gardner for National Parents Union

Barbara Johnson bajohnson at colchesterct.org
Thu Dec 8 10:50:36 PST 2022

Please feel free to register and join me as I participate in a panel
discussion around libraries.

All the information about the panel discussion is below:

*Title:* Let’s Get Real About What is Happening in Libraries. A
Conversation with Students, Parents, Librarians, Educators on Libraries,
Literacy and Learning.
*Host:* NPU National Organizers and the Organizing & Partnership Department
*Date:* *December 13, 2022 *
*Call to Action: *Advocating for parents and students to have access to
libraries in person as well as digital resources.

*Registration Link:   -
https://nationalparentsunion.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_iMtRN3bKR0C7A3lTGKOcbQ
<https://nationalparentsunion.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_iMtRN3bKR0C7A3lTGKOcbQ>*

*Attendees – will be able to see panelists/speakers; will be muted; will
not be on video; chat will be open and monitored. *

*Questions for Fireside Chat with Librarians*

Question 1: History
How have libraries changed within the last 30 years?

Question 2 : Purpose/Impact
What purpose do libraries serve in our schools and communities?

Question 3 : Book bans and age appropriate content
Is there pornography in libraries? How do librarians ensure families and
educators have access to age appropriate books and resources?

*Questions for Town Hall Discussion*

Question 1: *Students, Parents and Educators*
How do you utilize the library?

Question 2: *All*
What are solutions to fix equity issues with libraries?

Question 3: *All*
How can libraries be better utilized to improve literacy and how are they
inspiring children to read?

Question 4: *All*
Based on the New Jersey Digital Literacy Bill, The state could become the
first in the country to require public schools to teach media literacy to
K-12 students to combat misinformation. We will discuss the New Jersey
Digital Literacy Bill and how librarians are transforming libraries for
digital literacy access.

In what ways can libraries be utilized to advance literacy in digital
learning and access?
How do we get parents and students access to libraries?

--
*Barbara Johnson*
*Librarian*

@technojohnson
www.jackjackterlibrary.com

--
Please be aware that email communication can be intercepted in transmission
or misdirected. Please communicate sensitive information by telephone or in