[CASL-L] Fwd: Reconnect about Girls Who Code

CASL Vice President vicepresident at ctcasl.org
Tue Feb 1 18:27:09 PST 2022

Hi all - I'm a little late on sharing this, but please check out the
awesome opportunities from Girls Who Code!
Jenny

As an international non-profit, Girls Who Code offers *free and flexible
computer science opportunities *for your students with a strong
emphasis on social
emotional development.

   - Our *Girls Who Code Clubs program*
   <https://t.yesware.com/tt/78faf935af731c9622132850aa7fc11ed6a62f6b/323d668f45aa3fb47c1930109bc8ae6d/55f398749f82e7629341715641cb53ce/girlswhocode.com/website/uploads/GWC_Clubs_Flyers_General_z2-min.pdf>
   for 3-12th graders provides educators with free coding curriculum,
   resources, and training.
   - Our virtual *Girls Who Code Summer Programs*
   <https://t.yesware.com/tt/78faf935af731c9622132850aa7fc11ed6a62f6b/323d668f45aa3fb47c1930109bc8ae6d/897e89fd402a5f0f8d22ba27fd2fe9a9/girlswhocode.com/programs/summer-immersion-program>
   offer introductory or advanced computer science courses for 9-12th grade
   girls and non-binary students to get an inside look into tech careers
   through our company partners like YumBrands and Bank of America.

*Blurb for our free 3-12th Grade Clubs Program*

Girls Who Code (GWC) is an international nonprofit offering *free and
flexible coding resources *for our community!

When you sign up to start a GWC Club, you’ll get access to everything you
need -- including training, comprehensive resources, 120+ hours of
easy-to-use and flexible coding curriculum for 3-12th graders, and even
free t-shirts and other swag for each of your Club members. Clubs
curriculum feature coding tutorials for all skill levels, inspiring women
in tech, community-building activities to increase confidence, and
project-based learning related to activism. You don’t need any prior coding
experience to get started! Plus -- all genders are welcome in this
girls-supportive environment. Learn more about the Clubs program *here*
<https://t.yesware.com/tt/78faf935af731c9622132850aa7fc11ed6a62f6b/323d668f45aa3fb47c1930109bc8ae6d/55f398749f82e7629341715641cb53ce/girlswhocode.com/website/uploads/GWC_Clubs_Flyers_General_z2-min.pdf>
or join a webinar *here*
<https://t.yesware.com/tt/78faf935af731c9622132850aa7fc11ed6a62f6b/323d668f45aa3fb47c1930109bc8ae6d/b8a449253852e8ceb693890031fc8087/mailchi.mp/2b5b35a48013/usclubsandsip>
.

*Sign up here to access GWC’s free Clubs curriculum & resources!*
<http://t.yesware.com/tt/78faf935af731c9622132850aa7fc11ed6a62f6b/323d668f45aa3fb47c1930109bc8ae6d/69fb2942b129af56fe9944c458cc4243/girlswhocode.com/clubsapply>

*Blurb for our free 9-12th Grade Summer Programs*

Ever wonder how a career in tech can help you pursue your passions? Join
Girls Who Code summer 2022 to find out! If you’re a *9-12th grade girl -
both cis and trans - or non-binary student*, you’re invited to apply to *Girls
Who Code’s 2-week virtual Summer Immersion Program (SIP)** or **virtual
Self-Paced Program (SPP)*
<https://t.yesware.com/tt/78faf935af731c9622132850aa7fc11ed6a62f6b/323d668f45aa3fb47c1930109bc8ae6d/897e89fd402a5f0f8d22ba27fd2fe9a9/girlswhocode.com/programs/summer-immersion-program>
!

You’ll learn an intro to HTML, CSS, and JavaScript through fun, hands-on
projects for beginners or receive advanced certification in cybersecurity
if you’re looking to sharpen your coding skills. You’ll even explore
careers in tech through connections to top companies like YumBrands and
Bank of America, just to name two! Plus - you’ll become a part of a global
sisterhood of 450,000 students worldwide that’ll grant you access to
exclusive alumni career support for life! In addition to our Summer
Programs being *100% free*, stipends of up to $300 and tech support are
available for applicants who qualify.

So what are you waiting for?! *Fill out the interest form today to be the
first to know when the application goes live mid-January 2022!*
<http://t.yesware.com/tt/78faf935af731c9622132850aa7fc11ed6a62f6b/323d668f45aa3fb47c1930109bc8ae6d/614ad0db3703d6f4cc2286cce1bcc501/girlswhocode.com/sipapply>

--

Valerie Tomici Manager, Community Partnerships & Outreach

Email: *valerie at girlswhocode.com <valerie at girlswhocode.com>*

Pronouns: She/Her

girlswhocode.com
<http://t.yesware.com/tt/78faf935af731c9622132850aa7fc11ed6a62f6b/323d668f45aa3fb47c1930109bc8ae6d/7cf215d42382ca2b55e0ed3dcfa4d4f7/girlswhocode.com/>