[CASL-L] NYT Library Opinion piece

Cathy Andronik cathyandronik at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 24 06:07:12 PST 2022

 Juliann, good points.  As I tell my uni students, genuine diversity in children's and YA books really blossomed just about ten years ago, with We Need Diverse Books to thank for it.  Before then, even if diversity was represented, it was often written by a person not a member of the group, and thus not always an accurate representation.  (And hello!  UB!!!!!!  Congratulations.)
Cathy AndronikRetired (Brien McMahon HS, Norwalk)