[CASL-L] nonfiction reading about upstanders

Musket, Kimberly kmusket at wallingfordschools.org
Sun Jan 23 13:20:01 PST 2022

Hello All,
I've been asked by my seventh grade social studies teachers to create a
list of nonfiction articles, short stories or books about individuals
standing up against all forms of injustice. The main focus will be on the
Holocaust for the end of their Europe unit and civil rights activists for
black history month but can also include others. The resources can be in
print or digital.

I do have some books in our library but can anyone recommend any books,
articles or short story collections? They should be appropriate for 7th
grade.

Thank you
Kim

Kim Musket
School Librarian
James H. Moran, Sr. Middle School

Currently reading:
*Out of My Heart *by Sharon Draper

Current listening to:
*Rescue *by Jennifer A. Nielsen

Recently finished:
*Unplugged *by Gordon Korman
*A Rebel in Auschwitz: the True Story of the Resistance Hero Who Fought the
Nazis from Inside the Camp *by Jack Fairweather
*Escape from Alcatraz *by Eric Braun
*Linked *by Gordon Korman
*War Stories *by Gordon Korman
*Under the Whispering Door *by T.J. Klune
*Starfish *by Lisa Fipps
*Zane and the Hurricane: a Story of Katrina *by Rodman Philbrick
*King and the Dragonflies* by Kacen Callender
*The Poet X* by Elizabeth Acevedo
*Look Both Ways *by Jason Reynolds
*Ungifted *by Gordon Korman
*The Juvie Three* by Gordon Korman