[CASL-L] Questions for DOE Commissioner

Cathy Andronik cathyandronik at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 25 07:10:29 PST 2022

 Good question.  I'm teaching a course on school library management for an LIS program in North Carolina.  We watched a video yesterday featuring the great Joyce Valenza, talking about the teaching role of the lms.  Afterwards I asked the (virtual) class what they got out of it.  The response:  one comment she made among all the exciting programming ideas, about the elimination of the lms position in a disturbing number of schools around the U.S., back in 2016 but, as my students know, still happening.  I promised I would arm them with readings on the value of the lms to share with their administrators.
Cathy Andronik(Retired)