[CASL-L] nErDcampCT Jr facilitators

Barbara Johnson bajohnson at colchesterct.org
Thu Jun 9 07:36:47 PDT 2022

Anyone interested/available to introduce an author (or two) tomorrow during
our ONLINE Jr. event?
Maybe have a student who would be interested?
Let me know what you can do and I will add you to the schedule.

Barb
Schedule is posted:

Time:

9:00am-9:50am EST

Session Title

Author(s)

Janet Lawler

https://janetlawler.com/

Oceans of Love/Ocean Counting

Writing Fiction and Nonfiction about Same Subject

Shawn Peters

www.ShawnPetersWrites.com <http://www.shawnpeterswrites.com/>

The Unforgettable Logan Foster

 “YOU ARE THE HERO OF YOUR OWN STORY:

how kids can take what makes them feel different and turn it into what
makes them feel special”

Kevin Sylvester

Kevinsylvesterbooks.com <http://kevinsylvesterbooks.com/>

The Fabulous Zed Watson!

Developing characters with words AND images

Rebecca Balcárcel

https://rebeccabalcarcel.com/

The Other Half of Happy

Shine On, Luz Véliz!

The Power of Story: Life, Books, Writing, and You!

Time: 10:00am-10:50am EST

Session Title

Author(s)

Tricia Springstubb

https://triciaspringstubb.com/

Finding Treasure in Your Own Backyard

How one picture book came to be

Nancy Tandon

https://nancytandon.com/

The Way I Say It

How do you say it? Playing with voice to develop character.

Jeanne Zulick Ferruolo

http://www.jzulferr.com/

A Galaxy of Sea Stars

The research and writing that brings a story to life.

Sarah Scheerger

https://www.sarahlynnbooks.com/

Conflict!Drama!Humor!

And Action! Utilizing point of view, perspective and emotion to enhance
storytelling

Time: 11:00am-11:50am

 EST

Session Title

Author(s)

Mindy Yuksel

http://www.moyuksel.com/

In My Mosque

Using Writing Exercises to Generate Story Ideas

Lisa McMann

http://www.lisamcmann.com/

The Forgotten Five: Map of Flames

Presentation (with advice for writers, Fun Facts about Books and Authors,
and Q&A)

Samantha Clark

https://www.samanthamclark.com/arrow/

Arrow

How to Grow a Story: Learn how stories grow from a tiny seed of an idea,
with knots where change happens and branches as subplots, just like a tree.

Sam Taylor

https://www.samtaylorwrites.com/

We Are the Fire

Fantasy as an Avenue for Exploring Strong Emotions and Big Questions

--
*Barbara Johnson*
*Librarian*

@technojohnson
www.jackjackterlibrary.com

--
Please be aware that email communication can be intercepted in transmission
or misdirected. Please communicate sensitive information by telephone or in