[CASL-L] CLC ADBO, Brodart & Some Fun

Julie Yulo-Medeiros jyulomed at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 22 12:12:19 PDT 2022

Hi School Librarians and Support Staff,

Connecticut Library Consortium (CLC) is hosting two webinars with some of our lesser-known book vendors. Both will be beneficial to those who do collection development or acquisitions.

ABDO

Thursday, June 30, 2022

11:00 A.M.

 ABDO provides library-bound hardcover titles for PreK-12 students so this webinar would be good for school and children’s librarians (or anyone who orders children’s materials!)  CLC has one of the best discounts on their materials in the country.  PLUS!  One person who attends this webinar will win a $500 shopping spree at ABDO!

Register here:  https://www.ctlibrarians.org/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1644775&group=

Brodart

Thursday, July 7, 2022

3:00 P.M.

Brodart has the best hardcover trade discount of any supplier on our contract at 46.2%.  This means you’ll save some extra money by working with them. Brodart only works with libraries, not with retailers, so they understand libraries’ needs. They also specialize in excellent customized processing and cataloging.   This webinar is great for Directors or Department Heads who are interested in learning more about a full service book jobber or any library worker who orders books or non-print.

Register here:  https://www.ctlibrarians.org/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1646147&group=

Shifting gears, you may know that in May, CLC adopted a new strategic plan.  If you’re interested in hearing more about what’s in store for us over the next two years, Ellen Paul, CLC’s Executive Director, will be hosting two sessions next week, one on Tuesday at 3pm and one on Wednesday at 11am with our Board Chairperson Kim McNally.  You can read the full strategic plan here.

Lastly, we have two just-for-fun, in-person social events coming up for library staff members.  One in Derby in June.  One in Manchester in July.  And one more in a yet-to-be determined location in August.  Stay tuned!

We hope to see you virtually or in-person soon!

Julie

Julie Yulo-Medeiros
Member Relations Manager, School & Academic Libraries
Connecticut Library Consortium
P: 860.740.3042
A: 234 Court Street
Middletown, CT 06457