[CASL-L] Fwd: Share the News: The 10th Annual Summer Institute in Digital Literacy, July 10 - 15, 2022

Barbara Johnson bajohnson at colchesterct.org
Mon Mar 21 06:42:02 PDT 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Renee Hobbs <hobbs at uri.edu>
Date: Sun, Mar 20, 2022 at 1:15 PM
Subject: Share the News: The 10th Annual Summer Institute in Digital
Literacy, July 10 - 15, 2022

Dear Colleague:
You're one of our special friends who's experienced the Summer Institute in
Digital Literacy - and perhaps you have even observed its evolution over
the past 10 years. Help us spread the word about this unique professional
development program! This year, we're holding the Institute in downtown
Chicago AND fully online!

We would be grateful if you could please take a minute and forward this
email to 5 people who may find it valuable:

*10th Annual SUMMER INSTITUTE IN DIGITAL LITERACY*
Learn more and register: www.digiURI.com <https://www.digiuri.com/>

The 10th Annual Summer Institute in Digital Literacy is the nation’s
premiere professional development program in digital literacy. The program
is an intensive, week-long interdisciplinary gathering that includes K-12
educators and school leaders; higher education faculty and researchers;
school, public and academic librarians; media literacy educators working in
non-school contexts; and creative media professionals.

*What happens at the Summer Institute?*

You will:

Share and explore new ideas for how to integrate digital inquiry and
creative production into classrooms, libraries, and/or maker spaces through
intentional planning, experiential learning, collaboration, and innovative
assessments of student learning.

Design culturally responsive teaching practices that empower learners as
you examine the intersection between digital and media literacy, social
justice and democracy.

Discuss how to restore critical attention to the strategic power of
emotional response to digital texts, tools, technologies and help people
distinguish between education & indoctrination

[image: SIDL 2020 SQUARE.png]
<https://mediaeducationlab.com/systemizing-digital-citizenship-education>

We're ONLINE and in CHICAGO

JULY 10 - 15, 2022

Imagine your identity as a leader in digital and media literacy education
and participate in meaningful conversations and develop collaborative
relationships with professionals from many different fields and locations.

Get inspired by experts in digital and media literacy, learning, and
technology in education.

Advance your digital literacy competencies through hands-on, minds-on
learning experiences.

Create meaningful digital projects that you can implement and use in your
own work context.

We're looking to connect with more amazing educators who recognize how
literacy is expanding in a digital age. Thanks for helping us continue to
advance innovation in digital and media literacy as we enter our second
decade in supporting the needs of educators, college faculty, librarians,
and school leaders around the country and around the world. Learn more and
register: www.digiURI.com <https://www.digiuri.com/>

Renee Hobbs and Julie Coiro
Co-Directors, Summer Institute in Digital Literacy
University of Rhode Island

--
*Barbara Johnson*
*Librarian*

@technojohnson
www.jackjackterlibrary.com

--
Please be aware that email communication can be intercepted in transmission
or misdirected. Please communicate sensitive information by telephone or in